Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Weber Carb 38


I also have a Weber 38/38 installed in my car, for those of you who are unfamiliar with a Weber Carburetion. Weber manufactures high performance aftermarket carburetors for many vehicles. Including those equipped with a 4AC engine such as mine and AE86 SR5's. The stock Carburetor that comes with my vehicle is very restrictive, hence sapping my car from reaching its fuel potential.
Since upgrading to a Weber Carb, throttle response has improved substantially. This is because I have chose a Weber 38 over the Weber 32/36 which is typically a more common upgrade when it comes to the 4AC engine.
I chose the Weber 38 first of all because of the bigger jets, which allow more fuel and air into my engine. In addition the biggest difference between the Weber 38 and the smaller Weber 32/36 is the fact that the Weber 38 is a Synchronized Carb which means both barrels open simultaneously, giving instant throttle response.
Where as the Weber 32/36 is a progressive carburetor, in which one barrel opens at part throttle and both barrels open at fuel throttle. Essentially the Weber 32/36 is aimed at economy which still giving better performance than stock, while the Weber 38 is geared towards all out performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment