Loading...
Gadget by The Blog Doctor.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Fixed Rubbing problem, lowering

Thanks a lot for the comments. I managed to get rid of the rubbing, my front left tire was sticking out considerably and was rubbing on the right turns. It turns out the camber was horribly misaligned. My friend who owns Kindred Motorsports was able to help me adjust the camber to 0 on the front two wheels. Now the rubbing is mainly gone, except for when I turn the steering completely to the left or the right. But, for the most part the rubbing is almost gone, with the 195/60/14 tires there not much I can do at this point, but I'm satisfied. My rear two tires still have to be replaced before I push the car on the corners and the mountains.

One thing that has always bothered me was the ride height on a stock AE82 seems excessively high, especially with the 13" wheels that the car comes equipped with. Ever since lowering my AE82, I feel a noticible improvement in handling and definately looks better in my opinion.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment